भारत सरकारGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
कृषि और किसान कल्याण मंत्रालयMINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMER'S WELFARE
Kashi Suphal (VRPG-2)
Attractive light green with mild stripes, fleshy fruit with soft seed, long duration of fruit retention in plant, better keeping quality suitable for culinary purpose and sweet making. Yield between 18-20 t/ha. Recommended for cultivation in Uttar Pradesh, vide gazette notification number S.O. 692(E), dated 05.02.2019.
- Time of sowing/transplanting: Ideal planting time is mid August to October in upland and November in river bed.
- Spacing :Planting /sowing 2m × 2m is generally recommended for pointed gourd.
- Planting method: When mature vine is directly planted in the field then they are either planted in lachhi method also known as “8” method or moist lump method or straight method or ring method.
- Ratio of male plant: For proper fruit setting about 10% male plant should be planted as pollinizer.
- Nutrient management: Incorporate 20-25 ton/ha FYM or cow dung manure. 60 kg nitrogen, 40 kg phosphate and 40 kg potassium/ha is recommended NPK dose. Water soluble fertilizers can be applied along with water through drip irrigation system